Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bits and pieces.

(Us on North Head)

Things we have learned so far:

-You have to ask for your check at meals, or you will sit there for hours.

-Feijoa is pineapple guava.

-Hokey Pokey is delicious. So is lamb pizza.

-Apparently we have an affinity to eating at Irish Pubs in foreign countries.

-Kiwis treat the Treaty of Waitangi like we treat Thanksgiving. It was an awful thing we did to the native culture, but we celebrate it anyway.

-Pita Pit is everywhere. And Subways are like Starbucks in the US. There is one on every corner.

-Milo is the best cereal on the face of the planet.

-The sun here is far more intense than anwhere in the states.

-Barefoot in gas stations = totally normal.

-North Head is the most beautiful mount I have ever seen.

-20 celsius is about 68 fahrenheit. Aka awesome.

-Grocery stores in the Auckland CBD are non-existant.

-I was born in the wrong country fashion wise. It brings out a creepy shoe desire in me.

The Maori part of the Waitangi Treaty Grounds. And us being giant goofballs.

That's all I have for now. I have a million pictures and a million things to say, but this is my first online-ing ability and its 1am. So when its regular, I promise there shall be more!

1 comment:

  1. Cool - you found a statue that looked like the 2 of you. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete