Friday, April 2, 2010

T Minus the weekend...

We leave in four days. I have a list of things to do for every day taped to the wall. And at the end of every day as I cross off the day, and add all of the undone things to the next day.

Needless to say, the stress is building up. The nerves are too. Somewhat. It's like I am super excited to be there, I am not nervous at all about being in New Zealand, without a job, without a place to live, not knowing what the next day brings. I have zero problem with this. What does worry me, is that I won't be here at the same time. I can't take care of my house, I cant hang out with my family, and especially, the loves of my life, the kitties. Myla has been acting weird since we got back from spring break, and I have no idea how this will affect her. They have each other, and Chris will be here.

Thats another thing, who knows how long that will last. He is a homebody, and even if this is his home, I worry about how much time he will spend here, and how well he will actually take care of it. I will come back and find 3 month old dishes, the bathroom hasnt been cleaned once, and the sheets are beyond repair. Or he will leave a door or a window open and Olivia the Escapist is gone. Or that he will leave something out and they will get sick. See? This is why I can handle the unknown country of kiwis, but the fear of leaving here is MUCH worse.

I won't even get into the sheer terror of watching my bank account drop this low...thats a heart attack waiting to happen!

But anyways, I have a list to get to, and things to fret, but sometime soon, more excitement will kick in. I am sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment